National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification (NVBLQ)
The five day National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification (NVBLQ) will provide the learner with the knowledge and skills required in order to provide professional patrolling and water services, in surf conditions, with rescue skills and advanced fitness requirements. Many aspects of the course are physically demanding and WILL include running, swimming to set times and some lifting. This award is comprised of a variety of units and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification.
How Will the Qualification Benefit You?
- Created by industry experts, providing you with quality training
- Internationally recognised award.
- It is the highest British lifeguarding standard and is the preferred qualification for many industry professionals
- Regulated by Surf Lifesaving Great Britain (SLSGB)
- Training is in accordance with the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982
- Essential to work for the RNLI Lifeguard service
- Will give you the knowledge and confidence to deal with emergency situations, potentially saving someone’s life
- It’s a perfect starting block to enter the lifesaving response industry
When You Get Your Qualification
- It lasts for two years before you will need to attend a Beach Lifeguard Proficiency.
- Your course manual will act as a guide throughout the duration of your qualification, so it’s always there to refer back to should you ever need it.
How to Take Your Qualification Further
The National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification is a perfect starting point for someone interested in first aid and the responsibilities of holding a paid beach lifeguard position or a position as a surfing instructor.
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be capable of kneeling on the floor to deliver CPR
- Be physically fit as the course is demanding
- Become a member of SLSGB
- Demonstrate good swimming ability (400m in under 8 minutes)
- Demonstrate confidence in breaking waves
I completed a Surf Lifeguard with Robin to gain employment as a Surf Coach for the summer
I was looking to work on the beach as a Lifeguard. After I completed my Beach Lifeguard award with Freewave Training award I was able to gain employment with the RNLI Lifeguards
Every three years I have to retake my First Aid at Work certificate. The course we did with Robin at Freewave Training was great fun and really informative.
We did a 1 day Emergency First Aid for all of the staff at our school. The trainers made the day really enjoyable and kept 22 teachers engaged for the whole day!
We use Freewave Training for our First Aid and Beach Lifeguarding needs. The nature of our industry carries a greater risk than most and so it is great to have someone that has had such a wealth of experience in this area.
My parents are getting on a bit and so I wanted to do a First Aid course to lear how to help them and others if a problem should arise. I knew absolutely nothing before taking the one day first aid course, however now I feel confident to be able to help if someone needed it