National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Proficiency Award
The one day National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Proficiency Award will re-qualify the learner with the knowledge and skills required in order to provide professional patrolling and water services, in surf conditions, with rescue skills and advanced fitness requirements. Aspects of the course are physically demanding and will include running, swimming to set times and some lifting. The Award is comprised of a variety of units and all must be successfully passed to attain the qualification. There is a minimum of 20 hours learning required for this course is. As this is not achievable within the one day period it is prior learning and continual professional development will be assessed before being able to sign on to the course. As well as this CPD a certain amount of pre course learning will need to take place before the course commences.
How Will the Qualification Benefit You?
- Created by industry experts, providing you with quality training
- Internationally recognised award.
- It is the highest British lifeguarding standard and is the preferred qualification for many industry professionals
- Regulated by Surf Lifesaving Great Britain
- Training is in accordance with the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982
- Essential to work for the RNLI Lifeguard service
- Will give you the knowledge and confidence to deal with emergency situations, potentially saving someone’s life
- It’s a perfect starting block to enter the lifesaving response industry
When You Get Your Qualification
- It lasts for one year
- Your course manual will act as a guide throughout the duration of your qualification, so it’s always there to refer back to should you ever need it.
How to Take Your Qualification Further
The Beach Lifeguard Award is a perfect starting point for someone interested in first aid and the responsibilities of holding a paid beach lifeguard position.
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Already hold the National Vocational Beach Lifeguard Qualification (NVBLQ)
- Be capable of kneeling on the floor to deliver CPR
- Be physically fit
- A member of SLSGB
- Demonstrate good swimming ability
- Demonstrate confidence in breaking waves
- £60 for an individual
- Discounts for groups and businesses
How to Book
- Get in contact by phone/email to enquire or book here
I completed a Surf Lifeguard with Robin to gain employment as a Surf Coach for the summer
I was looking to work on the beach as a Lifeguard. After I completed my Beach Lifeguard award with Freewave Training award I was able to gain employment with the RNLI Lifeguards
Every three years I have to retake my First Aid at Work certificate. The course we did with Robin at Freewave Training was great fun and really informative.
We did a 1 day Emergency First Aid for all of the staff at our school. The trainers made the day really enjoyable and kept 22 teachers engaged for the whole day!
We use Freewave Training for our First Aid and Beach Lifeguarding needs. The nature of our industry carries a greater risk than most and so it is great to have someone that has had such a wealth of experience in this area.
My parents are getting on a bit and so I wanted to do a First Aid course to lear how to help them and others if a problem should arise. I knew absolutely nothing before taking the one day first aid course, however now I feel confident to be able to help if someone needed it