Emergency First Aid at Work
The one-day Emergency First Aid at Work qualification will teach you how to deal with emergency situations, administer general first aid treatment and is designed for people who wish to be appointed as a designated first aider in the workplace.
The course is ideal for those that are required to hold a first aid qualification but don’t require the more comprehensive First Aid at Work qualification, and covers all the main workplace first aid situations you may need to deal with, including: managing an unresponsive casualty, CPR, choking, shock, bleeding and wounds, along with other minor injuries.
How Will the Qualification Benefit You?
- Created by first aid experts, providing you with quality training
- Regulated by Ofqual and Qualifications Wales, and accredited by SQA Accreditation in Scotland
- Training is in accordance with the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982
- Endorsed by CIMSPA, industry leaders in sport and physical activity
- Will give you the knowledge and confidence to deal with emergency situations, potentially saving someone’s life
- It’s a perfect starting block to see if first aid responsibilities are for you.
When You Get Your Qualification
- It lasts for three years
- Your course manual will act as a guide throughout the duration of your qualification, so it’s always there to refer back to should you ever need it.
How to Take Your Qualification Further
The Emergency First Aid at Work qualification is a perfect starting point for someone interested in first aid and the responsibilities of holding a qualification. You might find that you wish to move on and complete the more comprehensive three-day First Aid at Work qualification, which could lead to you becoming the main responsible person in your workplace (and much more!).
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be capable of kneeling on the floor to deliver CPR
- £70 for an individual (inclusive of VAT)
- Discounts for groups and businesses
How to Book
- Get in contact by phone or email to enquire or book
I completed a Surf Lifeguard with Robin to gain employment as a Surf Coach for the summer
I was looking to work on the beach as a Lifeguard. After I completed my Beach Lifeguard award with Freewave Training award I was able to gain employment with the RNLI Lifeguards
Every three years I have to retake my First Aid at Work certificate. The course we did with Robin at Freewave Training was great fun and really informative.
We did a 1 day Emergency First Aid for all of the staff at our school. The trainers made the day really enjoyable and kept 22 teachers engaged for the whole day!
We use Freewave Training for our First Aid and Beach Lifeguarding needs. The nature of our industry carries a greater risk than most and so it is great to have someone that has had such a wealth of experience in this area.
My parents are getting on a bit and so I wanted to do a First Aid course to lear how to help them and others if a problem should arise. I knew absolutely nothing before taking the one day first aid course, however now I feel confident to be able to help if someone needed it