If you’re a nursery nurse or childminder where being first aid qualified is a legal requirement of your job, or you’re just a parent or carer who simply wants peace of mind, the one-day Emergency Paediatric First Aid qualification is perfect for you.
On the course you will learn how to deal with a wide range of first aid situations within an early years setting including: managing an unresponsive casualty, paediatric CPR, choking, shock, bleeding and wounds, along with other minor injuries.
How Will the Qualification Benefit You?
- Created by first aid experts, providing you with quality training
- Regulated by Ofqual, Qualifications Wales and CCEA in Northern Ireland
- Training is in accordance with the Department of Education Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework
- Endorsed by CIMSPA, industry leaders in sport and physical activity
- Will give you the knowledge and confidence to deal with emergency situations, potentially saving a child’s life
- It is useful for those working with children, such as nursery staff and those working in primary schools who are required to hold a relevant first aid qualification
- When applying for jobs in the childcare sector, already holding a paediatric first aid qualification will not only give you more confidence, but also looks great to potential employers.
When You Get Your Qualification
- It lasts for three years
- Your course manual will act as a guide throughout the duration of your qualification, so it’s always there to refer back to should you ever need it.
How to Take Your Qualification Further
If you enjoyed your Emergency Paediatric First Aid course, why not expand your knowledge and progress onto the two-day full Paediatric First Aid Award course
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be capable of kneeling on the floor to deliver CPR
- £60 for an individual
- Discounts for groups and businesses
How to Book
- Get in contact by phone or email to enquire or book
I completed a Surf Lifeguard with Robin to gain employment as a Surf Coach for the summer
I was looking to work on the beach as a Lifeguard. After I completed my Beach Lifeguard award with Freewave Training award I was able to gain employment with the RNLI Lifeguards
Every three years I have to retake my First Aid at Work certificate. The course we did with Robin at Freewave Training was great fun and really informative.
We did a 1 day Emergency First Aid for all of the staff at our school. The trainers made the day really enjoyable and kept 22 teachers engaged for the whole day!
We use Freewave Training for our First Aid and Beach Lifeguarding needs. The nature of our industry carries a greater risk than most and so it is great to have someone that has had such a wealth of experience in this area.
My parents are getting on a bit and so I wanted to do a First Aid course to lear how to help them and others if a problem should arise. I knew absolutely nothing before taking the one day first aid course, however now I feel confident to be able to help if someone needed it