First Aid at Work
The First Aid at Work qualification is the most comprehensive of all our first aid qualifications, and covers a wide range of skills which can be used within a workplace first aid situation, including: assessing the scene, managing an unresponsive casualty, CPR, heart attacks, choking, head and spinal injuries, fractures, anaphylaxis, plus much more.
The three-day First Aid at Work course is perfect for those that are required to hold a first aid qualification in the workplace or any other environment. A more basic 1 day version of this course is the Emergency First Aid at Work , however neither courses require any previous experience, so you can begin your first aid training whenever you need to!
How Will the Qualification Benefit You?
- Created by first aid experts, providing you with quality training
- Regulated by Ofqual and Qualifications Wales, and accredited by SQA Accreditation in Scotland
- Training is in accordance with the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 and the Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1982
- Endorsed by CIMSPA, industry leaders in sport and physical activity
- Can give you a head start when applying for jobs
- Will give you in-depth knowledge and the confidence to potentially save someone’s life.
When You Get Your Qualification
- It lasts for three years
- Your course manual will act as a guide throughout the duration of your qualification, so it’s always there to refer back to should you ever need it
- We recommend that you attend an annual refresher to keep your knowledge up-to-date.
How to Take Your First Aid Qualification Further
Once you’ve gained your qualification, you may be appointed as a designated first aider for your workplace. This could also lead to you assisting with risk assessments and considering other health & safety roles such as becoming a fire marshal, PAT tester and much more!
A First Aid at Work qualification is also a perfect start for anyone interested in becoming a first responder or even a paramedic.
Interested? Before You Get Started…
You’ll need to make sure you’ve met the following requirements before you attend your course:
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Be capable of kneeling on the floor to deliver CPR
- £180 for an individual
- Discounts for groups and businesses
How to Book
- Get in contact by phone or email to enquire or book
I completed a Surf Lifeguard with Robin to gain employment as a Surf Coach for the summer
I was looking to work on the beach as a Lifeguard. After I completed my Beach Lifeguard award with Freewave Training award I was able to gain employment with the RNLI Lifeguards
Every three years I have to retake my First Aid at Work certificate. The course we did with Robin at Freewave Training was great fun and really informative.
We did a 1 day Emergency First Aid for all of the staff at our school. The trainers made the day really enjoyable and kept 22 teachers engaged for the whole day!
We use Freewave Training for our First Aid and Beach Lifeguarding needs. The nature of our industry carries a greater risk than most and so it is great to have someone that has had such a wealth of experience in this area.
My parents are getting on a bit and so I wanted to do a First Aid course to lear how to help them and others if a problem should arise. I knew absolutely nothing before taking the one day first aid course, however now I feel confident to be able to help if someone needed it